Thursday, February 2, 2017

Adventure in Thailand: Part 19

February 2nd, 2017

Woaaaa... You know what, sometimes, we never expect someone treat us breakfast right? LoL.. It was a very good morning. When I walked to the office, Ajarn Sum gave me a full pack of HOT "PISANG GORENG" (a.k.a fried banana). I was like "alhamdulillah (praise the Lord)" because I often skip my breakfast for some reasons (mostly because I'm too lazy to prepare hahaha).

Fried Banana from Ajarn Sum :9
 
After ate two pieces of heaven (overreacted detected haha), another teacher in my office gave me some Jack-fruit (in Indonesia we called it Nangka, in Tagalog they called it Langka). It was very sweet. I wonder why fruits and veggies in Thailand always fresh and sweet. They're totally blessed.

What a sweet Jack-fruit tho!

On period 4-5 (if I am not mistaken), me and Alyssa went to observe a laboratory class M6/11. It's Dr. Tim class. Dr. Tim has his own teaching method. He assigned students in groups, and each group should prepare, demonstrate, and guide other groups to do the experiment. When I was observing, this group had "protein denaturation process" experiment.

They were explaining the steps in front of the class

I think this is a very unique but effective as well. Compare to Indonesia system (especially in my hometown) teacher never allowed to leave students prepare and do experiment alone. But it also effective because of this, students need to study the steps very well before they explain it to their friends. It makes learning become fun and meaningful at the same way.

Preparation

Because they were explaining the steps in Thai (and we both didn't understand of course) so Dr. Tim asked the group to explain it again to us in English. I know they must be felt difficult to explain science in English but they did it perfectly (in my opinion).

They also use Lemon Juices for the acid

After the group finished the explanation, other groups came to the front and start to do the experiment. They were looking very excited!

"One by one guys!" "Be careful it's made from glass!" - Shouted by one student (HAHAHA)

Chemicals!

After class, I had an opportunity to chat with the students. They all preparing for university. The boy in the picture already accepted in Faculty of Pharmacy and the girl already accepted in Faculty of Dentistry. Their English better than the others, that's why it's easier for us to communicate with them.


Smile guys!

And an essential thing: WEFIE! 😎

Because it was a laboratory class, so they also had mannequin for demonstration. Alyssa and I found something funny. Alyssa said: If you want to kill someone, just shot directly to the center of someone's chest! Muahahaha....

Why the heart located literally in the center?

I went to observe Alyssa's class (again) after lunch on period 8. She had a lot of classes. I forgot what class they were. I think M6/12 or something. She explained about exponential and logistic growth. Sometimes the students asked Alyssa to repeat what she said.

Class setting

To explain logistic growth, she asked the students to stood up and raised as high as the could. It was funny, because the students were laughing (they though it was funny). She asked them to do that, because logistic growth had limitation and I believe it was easier for the students to understand with some demonstration.

UP UP HIGHER class!

After the class over, I went back to my office and packed my bag and went home. At that time, I found something that I never seen before. They have examination in the cafetaria! LOL. Maybe because they want the students sit alone in one table and prevent them from cheating. Brilliant!

Mathematics examination in the cafetaria

Because we only have several days left in Surat Thani, so #TEAMSRP (Me, Alyssa, and Kyla) decided to explore our neighborhood. We usually turn left from our mansion, now we were trying to turn right. And we found ........ a bookstore. It was a very good-looking and peaceful bookstore. Unfortunately, all the books written in Thai. Hahaha,, the bookstore also allow the visitor to read the books inside the bookstore (they all very generous).

Bookstore with ASEAN countries' flags

Thai peoples love their Late King so much, so inside the bookstore there are a lot of the Late King's biography. Even his beloved dog, Tongdae, also have his own biography book. What a lucky dog!  

The story of Tongdae

We walked again, further and further. We found art supplies store! Ahh, too bad I don't really get into the art. But I believe if Muti or Aufa (my bestfriend in Banjarmasin) go to this store, they'll be crazy. 

Brushes everywhere

We always feel confuse if it's come about dinner. So we looked our Google Maps and found the Pizza Company. We decided to eat there. But GOD!, it was hella FAR! I think it was 5-9 kms away! and we went there by walk. Our feet hurt! After 30 minutes walking we finally made it! Huaaa, turned out it was inside the Sahathai Plaza. I never went there before and we were lucky, because at that night they had night market in front of the plaza.

Sahathai Plaza, Surat Thani
Before we went inside, we found halal stall and buy this snacks. It was cheap, only 20-50 baht.
 
Halal Snack , Halal Snack everyone~

We went inside and order in The Pizza Company. The waiter was very polite and help me to explain what pizza that I could order. So we order French fries with truffle (99 baht), Pasta (99 baht), Beef Pizza (159 baht), and mine-- seafood pizza (179 baht)

Enjoy your meal!


Tonight, we also bumped with Dian and Putri. They love shopping. No wonder why we could find them easily inside the plaza, or market, or mall. Hahaha... Overall it was a very good night!

Cao!

1 comment:

  1. Bawa aku kesana Nidaa~ art supplies store, pizza, night market. Semuanya surga dunia ����

    ReplyDelete