Monday, February 6, 2017

Adventure in Thailand: Part 23

February 6th, 2017

One day before final evaluation, arghhh my nerves become so tense right now. I know I've prepared all of the things I want to bring to the classroom and I know tomorrow won't be my first time being evaluate (since I've done once back home in Banjarmasin when I had my PPL (3 months teaching practices in high school) but still, I'm feeling nervous. 

We went to school at almost 8. We woke up late haha.. But it's okay, since we didn't have morning classes today. So my mentor asked me to go observe her class at period 4-5. Turned out that's the class I went before haha Mathayom 6/8. Today they've learned about population. After almost a month here, finally I know how to called something that they always perform to the older person. It's called "wai" 🙏. According to Wikipedia (slightly click the wikipedia letter to go to the link), Wai is a Thai usual greeting consists of a slight bow, with the palms pressed together in a prayer-like fashion. Uuu, I love when my students perform wai to me. It feels like they give me a lot of respect. 💕

Perform Wai to Ajarn Salubsri 🙏

Because today the class was full (didn't like the first time  I went to their class) so I sat in the back. At the beginning the table was empty. No one sit in the back. But after 30 minutes or so, came 3 boys to the classroom. They were late. I was confuse, why Ajarn Salubsri just let them enter the class even if that was 30 minutes late. Turned out, that 3 boys usually skip the class, so she let them come late. She said it's better rather than they skip the class, right? Haha, I totally agree then if she said so. During the session, they talked a lot in Thai but sometimes in English (they recognized my presence there haha finally). They asked me several question about the lesson that day. We also had so much fun. Hahaha.. I am gonna miss them later especially this two guys!

Ajarn Nida's fave students from M 6/8 đŸ’Ŗ😎

After observation, I went back to the office to print some stuff for tomorrow final evaluation and suddenly some junior teachers gather and prepare for a surprise. I didn't know a the first time whose birthday is it? Mr. X a.k.a Mr. Kittipong (Head of Science Department) told me that today is Ajarn Sum's birthday. She was inside the meeting room (a lot of teachers like to stay inside the meeting room maybe because it's cooler inside and have fluffy seats haha) and Mr. X played some drama and told a student's mom come for some complains about her teaching things. With some shock expression (I still remember perfectly her worry and panic face looks like) she came out from the meeting room and all of us suddenly sang "Happy Birthday" first in Thai version and second in English version. It was a very good surprise. We took some pictures before ate the cakes. Here we go...

ā¸Ēุā¸‚ā¸Ēัā¸™ā¸•์ā¸§ัā¸™āš€ā¸ิā¸” Ajarn Sum!

I remember other teacher bought various cakes. Lemon, orange, chocolate, green tea, coconut, and vanilla. My favorite was the orange and green tea. Damn that was delicious. Even until now, I still could imagine the taste in my buds. Hahaha..

Pardon, I am not a food photographer 🍰

In the afternoon, I went to Alyssa's class with Dr. Tim as well until 15.45. She taught about exponential growth and logistic growth to this classroom. I don't know why, the students from this class usually well-behave. But today, my God. They didn't! Even Alyssa sometimes raise her voice just to get their attention. So bad kha đŸ˜ĸ

Alyssa in action! Su Su na Ajarn!

Kyla didn't go home with us today because the teacher from her department asked her to go out for some dinner. Kyla never forgot her team (huehehe, benefit for me and Alyssa). When she came home, she gave us this dessert (or cake, or whatever it is). It's sweet. I think it made from sticky rice flour or something. It's greenish and wrapped with palm-like-leave. It was delicious even it was my first time to eat that. Hahaha..

Outside look

Inside look

However, I think I couldn't sleep tonight because of this weird feeling called : NERVOUS for tomorrow evaluation. Wish me luck. I am Nida and I'm checking out ! bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment