Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Adventure in Thailand: Part 25

February 8th, 2017

Today is a formal farewell day from Suratthani Rajabhat University. All head of departments and mentors are invited to the dinner tonight in Wang Sa Hotel. Unfortunately, the busy-man, Dr. Tim will not join us tonight. To pay his absence, he gave us free lunch. Hahaha, Alhamdulillah. Tbh, he also asked Kyla to go with us, but she couldn't go because Mr. Potjanat has just finished evaluate her and need to talk with her. So yeah. We went to the restaurant with his friend, Ajarn Wo (Honestly, until now, I don't know how to spell her name). He is an ajarn in Suratpittaya as well. Since tomorrow the school will have the open house, so she can't park the car inside the school. We walked maybe 400 meters to the parking area. I think she's older than Dr. Tim, so when she drove the car, I feel like a whole family (brother and sisters) haha. The restaurant we went quite far from the school. It's called "Green Health Restaurant". At the very first, I thought "OMG, that must be a vegetarian restaurant" and turned out I was wrong Hahaha.. Dr. Tim order a lot of foods. Shrimps, veggies, fish, soup, mixed vegetables (in Indonesia we call it Capcay, in Philippine they call that Capsuy). Overall the foods, so damn good! 

Take a look 😍

For the drink, Dr. Tim suggested one of his favorite drink. Mango juice. When he said that I immediately said OK (because I remember mango juice that they sell in the street and back in Indonesia, sweet and refreshing), but when the waitress came and brought the juice, 100% wrong. That was a raw mango juice. They even mixed everything from that mango (except the seed). It was kinda sour, but the taste for me still okay. Hehe. Of course, I eat and drink everything.

Raw mango juice :3

After back from the restaurant, we went to Alyssa's office. Kyla also went to the Alyssa's office. He just finished the talk session with Mr. Potjanat. I saw her properties and it's so cute na! Look what I've got. A mouse complete with the cheese. Funny right?

Careful, I will stole your cheese 555

Since I didn't know what to do, and I saw a lot of teacher went out so I collect all my braveness and ask one ajarn what she want to do. She said she want to prepare the booths for tomorrow Open House (OH) then I asked her can I join her, and of course she allowed me to do that. We went down stairs and went to SMTE group. They was preparing a solar system things. So cute. I was helping them with the balloons.

SMTE (Science, Maths, Technology, and Environment) Team

Since I wasn't look around yet, Ajarn Sum asked me to take a look to every booths they had. So yeah, let's go I say, and it's the wrap:

Mathematics Dept Booth

I took a longer time in General Science Program (GSP) since I know the teachers and we talked a lot (literally a lot). Several students that were preparing the booth also my students so they know me and we talk a lot too. They even gave me a glass of pepsi (I didn't even help them at that time. I felt guilty now).

Teacher in GSP

This is super creative for me. GSP's booth

Before we go back, I bumped with Kyla and we were strolling around. Alyssa joined us later. There are a lot of students were preparing the booths. I think they will have some prizes for the best booths (?). I attracted by this group of dancer. Traditional Thai dancer. Ahhh too bad we have to go home to prepare for dinner because Mr. Potjanat will pick us at 5 pm.

Love the headpieces 💖

Mr. Potjanat allowed us to wear the traditional (or national costumes). We went there with several cars. I went to the hotel by Mr. Potjanat's car with Dian, Muti, Alyssa, and Kyla. We had so much fun tonight, and it's the wrap!

So crowded haha (much more crowded with our costumes)

Welcome board in front of the hotel

Goodbye sign 😢

The foods (fish, prawn, veggies)


Aaaa, on the previous blog, I owe you to explain my whole traditional costume, right? So here it is. This is the original traditional costume that we have. It must be a yellow or green color or both of them just like mine. The border is made from a hundreds or more beads. SO cute right?

Tadaaaaa

And for this special occasion, I will introduce you guys with my fellow student teacher friends!

First, her name is Mutiara Syifa. She is from Indonesia University of Education, Bandung. She is majoring physics education and she is the 4th year student. She is my best-friend tho! You will read a lot of her story with me later in Bangkok edition.


Muti and Me

Next, she is Edmy Kyla Rien M. Santos. She is from Philippine Normal University, Manila. She is majoring speech and theater art education and she is the 4th year student.

School-mate

Next, she is Zahra Mujahida. She is from Islamic University of Indonesia, Yogyakarta. She is majoring chemistry education and she is the 3rd year student.

Cheer up Zahra!



Next, she is Siti Hardian. She is from State University of Makassar, Makassar. She is majoring primary education and she is the 3rd year student. She is also the youngest among us. She's just 19 y.o. She's my little baby (for real, I used to call her little baby).


My little baby

Next, she is Satya Mardi Ayuningrum. She is from Sebelas Maret Univeristy, Surakarta. She is majoring mathematics education and she is the 3rd year student. She is the first person that found me to be the part of Surat's team. Thank you na Satya!

N'Satya

Next, she is Nuriska Makdiani. She is from UHAMKA, Jakarta. She is majoring mathematics education and she is the 3rd year student. She is also my roommate (for a while). She's also my "curhat" friend whenever she went back to the dorm. I love you na, N'Nuris.

Roommate

Next, she is Putri Dewi Indah Wulan. She is from Islamic University of Indonesia, Yogyakarta. She is majoring islamic education and she is the 3rd year student. She's also my baby girl. I think she is the most fashionable chick (beside Phine) ahahaha...

Look how cute her smile, right?
Next, she is my beloved Alyssa Mae Segundo Espino. She is from Saint Louis University, Baguio City. She is majoring the same major as me, biology education and she is the 4th year student! She's my best roommate (for forever) I love her so bad~

Thanks Alyssa for the unforgettable memories ever

Last but not least, she is Josephine Arquero. She is from Philippine Normal University, Manila. She is majoring speech and theater art education and she is the 4th year student. She's the wisest girl among us and fashionable chick just like Putri. I adore her and her kindness.

See?

And they are all the SRU team that help us a lot during our stay in Surat Thani. Love ya!

Formal Pic

With daddy~

We went  back to the dorm at 09.30 pm I guess and after that we have to prepare our presentation for tomorrow seminar. I think we will stay awake until dawn, pray for us hahaha....

After all, we just 10 little kids (even several of us already the 4th year students). We love to tease each other because we care for each other. I thank to the God for choosing me to have this opportunity to met them and be family with them. Thank you SEA-teacher, thank you all. God bless.. Have a nice night! Bye~

No comments:

Post a Comment