Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Adventure in Thailand: Part 17

January 31st, 2017

Precious day, indeed!

It was my first time to handle my own class in Thailand. I mean, I know I've already done my teaching practice in Indonesia, but hey, it's different! In Thailand, more pressures and etc. I don't want to disappointing myself, my mentor, my family, my lecture, my country. Haaaaaaaaaaaa....

Before the class, another biology teacher gave me some Limes (but she told me that's Lemon 😛😆). She is very kind, and care to me. 

Exactly, it's Lime not Lemon

At 12.00 - 12.55, I was teaching my very own class. I was nervous. Totally nervous. But Alhamdulillah, everything went so well. The students were collaborating really good! I also gave the brave students who told us about their discussion result souvenirs from Indonesia. Hahaha.. Treat your students better!

Classroom Situation I


So, I will tell you guys a little bit about my teaching method. For the first meeting, I was teaching introduction of natural resources and various types of water. I gave them lecturer for the first 10 minutes, and after that, I let my students did their worksheet. It was a group discussion for maybe 30 minutes. Sometimes they didn't understand what exactly I want for the answer, but fortunately, my mentor Ajarn Dr. Salubsri was there too. She helped me a lot. 

Hello, It's me

I remember one of funny story about this day. One students misinterpreted the card. It written " SURFACE WATER" that mean water on Earth's surface but he thought that was "WATER'S SURFACE" which mean surface of the water. I explained to them over and over again, and finally he understood. Alhamdulillah. Perk of being a teacher. You need to be patience, because everyone deserve to be understand. I've spent the last 15 minutes for student presentation and assessment.

Classroom Situation II

I asked them to write their name in alphabets so I could understand and remember them easily.

My students' unique nickname, If I could have one Thai nickname, that would be FON (=rain) because I love Rain af

We (me, Alyssa, and Kyla) also went to CentralPlaza. We ate McDonalds (it was good, of course that was quite expensive). Actually, we were planning to go to Colosseum Plaza near our dorm, but Kyla said she want to eat chicken with gravy, so why not we try to find that at McD. But turned out, McD also didn't have gravy here. I thought today be like our celebration day. Because all of us start teaching today. Hahaha...

McD Selfie

After ate A LOT (idk, but maybe team Suratpittaya loves to eat A LOT) hahaha, we strolled around the plaza and bought lipcream (ewww, It's kinda regretting moment for me, it was expensive (189 bath) and I don't like the color after I use the lipcream at dorm whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??)

Too Serious to Choose

We close our night with some Ice Cream. We called it Ice Cream Night for Teaching Survivors. Hahaha

Alyssa bought this for me, Thanks!!!! 💕💕

No comments:

Post a Comment