Monday, January 23, 2017

Adventure in Thailand: Part 5

January 19th, 2017

Sooooo,,,, that day was my fifth day in Surat Thani. I think I'm really "into" this city and somehow I've been dreaming to teach in SRP someday LOL. One of the teachers in the office is a Muslim. Her name is Kak Sum 😎. She is a science teacher as well. She can't speaks English, she only speaks Thai and Melayu (luckily I usually watch upin ipin back home hahaha so I understand Melayu too). She bought me nasi minyak for lunch 😙.

Nasi minyak from Ajarn Sum
At that day, I also met my buddy who also has teaching practice in SRP. His name is Ace 😄. He went to Banjarmasin last year. He was a participant for SEA Teacher as well. So we can share each other's story (just like a throwback for him haha😗😂). At the evening, Ace picked me, Alyssa, and Kyla (team Suratpittaya LOL) to join him in small welcome party at the pier (I'm not even sure that's a pier haha). I ate seafood pad thai for the first time! It was really delicious, no wonder Thai people always look happy 😍, maybe because of their foods are so delicious.

Seafood Pad Thai
He also bring his friend, Yiin (I’m sorry if I wrote his name wrong). He will be a Thai's Language teacher in the future. He is a very friendly friend. He also a Miss Universe  enthusiast.

I am sorry I need to cover my face, I'm too shy to post it (LOL) - Kidding
After all the dishes, we still had room in our stomach for desserts 😙. So we bought dessert. I forgot the name, but it was very delicious (again). Consist of sweet potatoes, corns, jellies, coconut milk, and ices. At the end of the day, we went to the riverbank side. Ahh, it was a very happy day!


I forgot the name, but I'll never forget how delicious it was!

Dessert Heaven
Riverbank side! It looks similar with Banjarmasin's siring

No comments:

Post a Comment